Tuesday 19 July 2011

Bean dish ideas from LearningLifeLong

Just pasting in from the AWU page so I can find these great ideas again when I need them:


  • Tomato paste and soy cheddar are my favorite. 
     
    Or vegetable curry with beans over rice... use cumin, vegetable masala, curry powder, chili powder, garlic, onion, basil, and a dash of cinnamon. 
     
    Or make hearty harvest soup with vegetable broth, carrots, onions/leeks, celery, potatoes, beans, corn, and rice. Mix up the types of rice too. For instance I like wild rice on occasion, or sticky rice, or brown rice.
  • How about mixing baked beans in tomato sauce with rice to make a thick patty, then serve it like a hamburger?
  • My cookbook suggests gungo beans or kidney beans with pumpkin/squash, spinach/kale an rice. the spices are onion, jalapeno, garlic, ginger, cumin, cloves, allspice, and salt. or caribbean rice: oil, onion, carrot, garlic, chile pepper, long grain rice, vegetable stock, coconut milk, kidney beans, thyme, allspice, salt, and pepper. (Sorry, but I do love cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment